Each season, we put together our Community Update magazine which is sent to every household in the Shire and made available online at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/communityupdate
Through the magazine, we seek to communicate with you all the latest news and information from Council as well as exciting things in the community.
In our most recent edition - Autumn - we invited feedback on our magazine with all participants going in the running to win an iPad.
Dunolly resident Catharine Nurse (pictured below) was the lucky recipient of the iPad - congratulations!
A big thank you to everyone who took the time to provide us with feedback.
A summary of the feedback received is provided below
- 23 respondents
- 99% of respondents strongly agreed/agreed that they love to hear the latest Council news through the magazine delivered to their doorstep
- 75% of respondents said the also loved to hear news from us via Council’s Facebook page
- The stories they felt most excited by included opportunities for young people, Gallery, stories about progress, station, support for new parents and sustainability news.
- The majority of respondents said they read all stories in the magazine – for those who cited they did skip stories they skipped the ones that weren’t relevant to them.
- To make it more interesting to read, respondents suggested stories on events and activities – including the smaller ones, local or new businesses and how we can support them, more indigenous stories, stories about people in less populated areas, information about our smaller townships, success/achievements of our shire residents and craft news and opportunities for adults and seniors to connect.
- In upcoming editions people would like to see included more photos of our Shire, profiles of the people who work for Council and what they do, Gallery stories, new business and tourism initiatives, more local events and stories – not just council based. Support tools and information to support older people, volunteer information, community feedback opportunities, park run info, street art, events, feature on The Nest, Station updates, Hospital update, Worsley Cottage restoration, Town Hall update, local history and information on the local arts scene.