An introduction to the Draft Industrial Land Supply & Demand Assessment and Strategy
Central Goldfields Shire Council is exhibiting a Draft Industrial Land Supply & Demand Assessment and Strategy to provide an opportunity for community and stakeholder feedback.
Council engaged Spatial Economics to undertake research and data analysis to provide an evidence base for decisions.
Why provide feedback?
In particular, we are seeking feedback from industrial landowners due to their specialist knowledge and expertise, however comments are welcome from all. Your response is valuable as it will help Council to determine the future development of industrial land including prioritisation of the actions in the strategy.
Key issues identified include:
- relatively strong ongoing demand for industrial land for a regional local government area of our size, with a mix of strong local demand for smaller sites (under 0.5 hectares) and external interest in larger sites; and
- sufficient total quantity of industrial land but constraints on the effective supply.
There are three areas of recommended for actions:
- facilitate development of a new area for smaller sites (similar to Drive In Estate);
- address planning constraints and uncertainties affecting larger industrial sites primarily in Maryborough/Flagstaff; and
- address the lack of established industrial land developers serving ongoing demand within the Shire.
How you can provide feedback
Feedback can be lodged via email to email@example.com or by mail to: Attention Strategic Planning, Central Goldfields Shire Council, 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough, 3465. The closing date is Friday, 26 November 2021.
For enquiries please contact Council’s Strategic Planner, Sumaya Tonny on 03 5461 0605 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.