A community plan for Daisy Hill
In response to community interest and feedback, Council is looking forward to continuing to work alongside the Daisy Hill community to support them in creating their very own community plan.
In November 2022 residents came together to share their ideas to make Daisy Hill an even better place to live. The community is reaching out now to invite other residents and community groups to also share their thoughts and ideas.
What is a Community Plan?
A community plan is a document that sets the community’s shared vision, captures its strengths and sets future priorities. Community plans are developed and owned by the community and capture the community’s voice for what is most important for them. Community plans are an important tool for supporting advocacy and seeking funding and resources to support community goals and aspirations.
Who is the plan for?
The Daisy Hill Community Plan is for the community; however delivery of the plan will be the shared responsibility of community members, Council, other government, business and key stakeholder groups and organisations.
What are the benefits of Community Planning?
- Develops a shared vision for the community
- Identifies and prioritises community needs
- Builds community knowledge, skills, spirit, connections, civic engagement and pride
- Helps Council and other stakeholders understand the needs and aspirations of communities and how to work well together to achieve these
- Community leaders/groups working well together towards shared outcomes; and
- Strengthens relationships between community and Council and other key partners.
How can I get involved?
On 12 September 2023 residents joined Cr Chris Meddows-Taylor to talk priorities for Daisy Hill’s first Community Plan.
There was great conversation on the night, with community members informing Council that they’d like to start with actions such as-
- Improving Mobile phone/internet services
- Exploring community transport options
- Fire season readiness/safety
- A community food swap
- Public toilet access at the Community Centre
- Road maintenance and safety.
Over the coming weeks we'll write up the Draft Daisy Hill Community Plan and then share with the community for their feedback.
Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and ideas at the workshops and via the community survey!